LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's mayor is the latest person to join in on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Tim Kabat stood alongside dozens of people outside of Valley View Mall dumping buckets of ice water on their heads. It's one of the latest showings of support for the viral campaign raising awareness and money for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Valley View Mall donated $1,000 to the ALS Association.
The ALS Association said Monday that it has received $15.6 million in donations since July 29. That's up from $1.8 million raised during the same time period last year.
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer