LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's mayor is the latest person to join in on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Tim Kabat stood alongside dozens of people outside of Valley View Mall dumping buckets of ice water on their heads. It's one of the latest showings of support for the viral campaign raising awareness and money for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Valley View Mall donated $1,000 to the ALS Association.
The ALS Association said Monday that it has received $15.6 million in donations since July 29. That's up from $1.8 million raised during the same time period last year.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.