LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's mayor is the latest person to join in on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Tim Kabat stood alongside dozens of people outside of Valley View Mall dumping buckets of ice water on their heads. It's one of the latest showings of support for the viral campaign raising awareness and money for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Valley View Mall donated $1,000 to the ALS Association.
The ALS Association said Monday that it has received $15.6 million in donations since July 29. That's up from $1.8 million raised during the same time period last year.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team
- City officials propose lower speed limit for Losey Blvd.