LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man was sentenced to 9 years and two months plus 6 years extended supervision for drug trafficking charges.
Eugene Shields, 33, pleaded guilty to distributing cocaine and heroin throughout the La Crosse area. He was arrested on April 8, 2013.
At his sentencing the judge stated that Shields was a "danger to the community."
Shields' convicttion was the result of an investigation by the La Crosse Police Drug Investigation Unit, West Central MEG, and the La Crosse FBI Office.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December