LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man was sentenced to 9 years and two months plus 6 years extended supervision for drug trafficking charges.
Eugene Shields, 33, pleaded guilty to distributing cocaine and heroin throughout the La Crosse area. He was arrested on April 8, 2013.
At his sentencing the judge stated that Shields was a "danger to the community."
Shields' convicttion was the result of an investigation by the La Crosse Police Drug Investigation Unit, West Central MEG, and the La Crosse FBI Office.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US