LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse man is sentenced to prison for the December 2011 stabbing of a downtown bartender.
32 year old Anquin St. Junious was sentenced to five years in prison for stabbing 24 year old Victor Schlafer outside of John's bar on 3rd street.
Police say Schlafer had just broken up a fight and was trying to keep St. Junious from re-entering the bar when he was stabbed.
Schlafer was hospitilized but did recover.17691162
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge