TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A La Crosse man died at the scene of a crash on Highway 19 and Walter Drive in the town of Westport in Dane County.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a deputy discovered a fatal crash scene at about 1:40 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, Sebastian Creswell, 26, of Tyler, Texas,was driving a 2004 Acura eastbound on Highway 19 and missed the curve at Walter Drive. The Acura left the roadway, struck a mailbox and tree and came to rest in a farm field. Creswell had to be extricated from the car.
He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital by MedFlight with life-threatening injuries, the sheriff said. He had been wearing a seat belt. He died several hours later.
A front-seat passenger, Joseph Douglas Dickenson, 28, of La Crosse, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the report. He was wearing a seat belt. The car's airbags did deploy.
The Dane County medical examiner said both men died from injuries suffered in the crash.
The sheriff's department said alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash. The incident remains under investigation.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.