TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A La Crosse man died at the scene of a crash on Highway 19 and Walter Drive in the town of Westport in Dane County.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a deputy discovered a fatal crash scene at about 1:40 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, Sebastian Creswell, 26, of Tyler, Texas,was driving a 2004 Acura eastbound on Highway 19 and missed the curve at Walter Drive. The Acura left the roadway, struck a mailbox and tree and came to rest in a farm field. Creswell had to be extricated from the car.
He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital by MedFlight with life-threatening injuries, the sheriff said. He had been wearing a seat belt. He died several hours later.
A front-seat passenger, Joseph Douglas Dickenson, 28, of La Crosse, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the report. He was wearing a seat belt. The car's airbags did deploy.
The Dane County medical examiner said both men died from injuries suffered in the crash.
The sheriff's department said alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash. The incident remains under investigation.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers