MADISON, Wis. -- A La Crosse man arrested in Onalaska for allegedly selling crack cocaine is indicted on federal drug charges.
29-year-old Allen Smith was arrested in September at an apartment in Onalaska for allegedly distributing crack cocaine in July 2011.
A grand jury indicted Smith Wednesday on two counts of possessing crack cocaine with intent to distribute and three counts of distributing crack cocaine.
If convicted, Smith faces a maximum of 20 years in federal prison on each count.
Smith's arrest came after an investigation by the La Crosse and Vernon County Sheriff's Departments and the West Central Drug Task Force.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death