MADISON, Wis. -- A La Crosse man arrested in Onalaska for allegedly selling crack cocaine is indicted on federal drug charges.
29-year-old Allen Smith was arrested in September at an apartment in Onalaska for allegedly distributing crack cocaine in July 2011.
A grand jury indicted Smith Wednesday on two counts of possessing crack cocaine with intent to distribute and three counts of distributing crack cocaine.
If convicted, Smith faces a maximum of 20 years in federal prison on each count.
Smith's arrest came after an investigation by the La Crosse and Vernon County Sheriff's Departments and the West Central Drug Task Force.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse