LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse Loggers will have to pay more to play at Copeland Park next season.
According to terms of the proposed lease, the Loggers organization will be paying more than $14,000 in 2014, a 60% increase in rent from this season.
The rent will go into a special account for improving Copeland Park including renovations to the Logger's field.20288100
"We're going to work together to raise funds to hopefully bring in an artificial turf infield in the future, maybe as early as this fall is our ultimate goal," said Logger's General Manager Chris Goodell.
Other future improvements planned include installing a digital video scoreboard, and batting cages.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East