LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse Loggers will have to pay more to play at Copeland Park next season.
According to terms of the proposed lease, the Loggers organization will be paying more than $14,000 in 2014, a 60% increase in rent from this season.
The rent will go into a special account for improving Copeland Park including renovations to the Logger's field.20288100
"We're going to work together to raise funds to hopefully bring in an artificial turf infield in the future, maybe as early as this fall is our ultimate goal," said Logger's General Manager Chris Goodell.
Other future improvements planned include installing a digital video scoreboard, and batting cages.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration