It's not even spring training yet, but some in our area are talking baseball.
The Loggers hosted their annual winter banquet at the Stony Creek Inn Thursday night. And they had a lot to talk about.
There's the upgrades to the park, sharing Copeland Field with the UW-La Crosse baseball team, and some ideas yet to come. "We're in the dead of winter here and I don't think baseball's probably everybody's first thing on their mind when they step outside and it's 20 below, but tonight it will be. We usually fill up a room like we will tonight to talk baseball for a couple of hours in January, sometimes we say only in La Crosse, because that's the kind of baseball market we live in; it's pretty special," said Logger's G.M. Chris Goodell.
Other things to look forward to are a La Crosse Area Baseball Walk of Fame, and a run in August starting and ending at the ballpark.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks