It's not even spring training yet, but some in our area are talking baseball.
The Loggers hosted their annual winter banquet at the Stony Creek Inn Thursday night. And they had a lot to talk about.
There's the upgrades to the park, sharing Copeland Field with the UW-La Crosse baseball team, and some ideas yet to come. "We're in the dead of winter here and I don't think baseball's probably everybody's first thing on their mind when they step outside and it's 20 below, but tonight it will be. We usually fill up a room like we will tonight to talk baseball for a couple of hours in January, sometimes we say only in La Crosse, because that's the kind of baseball market we live in; it's pretty special," said Logger's G.M. Chris Goodell.
Other things to look forward to are a La Crosse Area Baseball Walk of Fame, and a run in August starting and ending at the ballpark.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.