LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local organization is working to brighten the holidays for area kids. It's that time of year for the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots program.
Barrels have been placed throughout the city including one at the News 8 studios.
They're asking you to drop off new or gently-used toys for kids between the ages of newborn all the way up to 12 years old.
"Some of our hot button items are accessories for girls, we never get enough of those, so hair accessories, makeup, kind of your dress up stuff, we never get books for older kids so that's an area we definitely need help on and action figures and legos, those go really quickly," said Kelly Goyette from the Jaycees.
News 8 is once again serving as a drop off point for the toys. We're located at 141 South 6th street in La Crosse.
Donations will be picked up from the station on Friday, November 30th.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game