LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local organization is working to brighten the holidays for area kids. It's that time of year for the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots program.
Barrels have been placed throughout the city including one at the News 8 studios.
They're asking you to drop off new or gently-used toys for kids between the ages of newborn all the way up to 12 years old.
"Some of our hot button items are accessories for girls, we never get enough of those, so hair accessories, makeup, kind of your dress up stuff, we never get books for older kids so that's an area we definitely need help on and action figures and legos, those go really quickly," said Kelly Goyette from the Jaycees.
News 8 is once again serving as a drop off point for the toys. We're located at 141 South 6th street in La Crosse.
Donations will be picked up from the station on Friday, November 30th.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.