LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse man charged with first degree reckless homicide by delivering drugs to a Trempealeau County man is headed to trial.
Jered Hellerud, 27, stood mute in court on Monday and a La Crosse County judge entered a not guilty plea on Hellerud's behalf.
The criminal complaint states Hellerud sold heroin to Robert Gordon last August. Gordon was found lying on the floor of his home with blood in his nose and vomit in his mouth. The autopsy found Gordon died from a combination of drugs.
Online court records show Hellerud's pre-trial conference is scheduled for September 19.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech