LA CROSSE, Wis. - The old Guest House Motel near downtown La Crosse was set on fire Thursday.
The La Crosse Fire Department is doing live fire training in the old motel. The building was recently purchased by Dahl Ford who is letting the fire department train there before it's torn down.
The department is learning how to handle fires and search and rescue in an apartment-style building.18183662
They say it's a rare opportunity that they couldn't pass up. "We have a lot of new hires and a lot of young lieutenants and to be able to get that kind of training in a building like this that everybody can go through is invaluable," said Lt. Tom Griffith.
This was the second of six days of training that will run through the end of the month.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice