LA CROSSE, Wis. - The old Guest House Motel near downtown La Crosse was set on fire Thursday.
The La Crosse Fire Department is doing live fire training in the old motel. The building was recently purchased by Dahl Ford who is letting the fire department train there before it's torn down.
The department is learning how to handle fires and search and rescue in an apartment-style building.18183662
They say it's a rare opportunity that they couldn't pass up. "We have a lot of new hires and a lot of young lieutenants and to be able to get that kind of training in a building like this that everybody can go through is invaluable," said Lt. Tom Griffith.
This was the second of six days of training that will run through the end of the month.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska