LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Fire Department has been busy keeping our community safe. Last year, it responded to more than 5,000 calls for assistance.
To further protect the community, the department is sending out a monthly safety message.
Every month will feature a new topic. This month's is emergency vehicle safety.
The department says it starts with people pulling over to make sure the trucks have enough room to get to where they're going. "20-30 tons coming at you, you want to make sure. It's hard for us to stop, we're full of water, we're heavy equipment, we need to make sure we have room to maneuver," said Lt. Lance Tryggestad.
The new message will come out the first Monday of every month.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather