LA CROSSE, Wis. - An employee in La Crosse is honored for working late into his life.
Don Schmitt is the winner of the 2012 Outstanding Older Worker Award from Wisconsin's Older Worker Network.
He works at Riverfront, an organization that works with adults who have disabilities. Schmitt assists the participants and helps train other workers.17843716
He says he was surprised to receive the award. "I'm honored to recieve it, just glad I'm here working with everyone, everyone is so friendly to me, I enjoy it," said Schmitt.
Schmitt is one of two people across the state receiving this honor.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest