LA CROSSE, Wis. - An employee in La Crosse is honored for working late into his life.
Don Schmitt is the winner of the 2012 Outstanding Older Worker Award from Wisconsin's Older Worker Network.
He works at Riverfront, an organization that works with adults who have disabilities. Schmitt assists the participants and helps train other workers.17843716
He says he was surprised to receive the award. "I'm honored to recieve it, just glad I'm here working with everyone, everyone is so friendly to me, I enjoy it," said Schmitt.
Schmitt is one of two people across the state receiving this honor.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse