LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse couple accused of abusing a 3-year-old child will stand trial.
Dustin Barnes and his girlfriend, Josie Dikeman, are both facing charges of causing mental harm to a child and child neglect.
Barnes' 3-year-old daughter had multiple fractures on her hands and feet, and had been losing weight and acting differently. According to the criminal complaint, doctors say the fractures did not appear accidental.19312994
Both Barnes and Dikeman had not guilty pleas entered on their behalf Wednesday. Their cases will now go to trial.
If convicted, Barnes faces up to 28 1/2 years in prison. Dikeman faces 18 1/2 years.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota