LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Changes are coming to the La Crosse County Landfill.
The landfill will soon be charging residents a flat rate for dumping their solid waste.
Right now customers must have their vehicles weighed first and once they drop off their waste their vehicles are re-weighed to determine a cost.
Officials hope the change will make the process of dumping your trash more efficient.
"We think this system will be more convenient for the citizens. We think it will be safer for both the hauler and the citizens, and should minimize delays at the site," said the La Crosse County Solid Waste System Director Henry Cook.
Starting next Monday, anyone dumping waste with a car will charged 5 dollars, anyone with a truck 15 dollars, and people with a truck and a trailer will be charged 25 dollars.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing