LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Changes are coming to the La Crosse County Landfill.
The landfill will soon be charging residents a flat rate for dumping their solid waste.
Right now customers must have their vehicles weighed first and once they drop off their waste their vehicles are re-weighed to determine a cost.
Officials hope the change will make the process of dumping your trash more efficient.
"We think this system will be more convenient for the citizens. We think it will be safer for both the hauler and the citizens, and should minimize delays at the site," said the La Crosse County Solid Waste System Director Henry Cook.
Starting next Monday, anyone dumping waste with a car will charged 5 dollars, anyone with a truck 15 dollars, and people with a truck and a trailer will be charged 25 dollars.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse