LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse County Circuit Court Judge Dale Pasell has been named "Judge of the Year" by the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
Each year the Chapter presents the award to a member of the Wisconsin judiciary who has "consistently advanced the interest of justice and the dignity of the judicial process."
"Judge Pasell demonstrates all the characteristics that ABOTA looks for in a great trial judge," said Atty. Lynn Laufenberg, president of the Wisconsin ABOTA chapter. "Attorneys who walk into his courtroom have confidence that they will be treated with respect, and that cases will be handled fairly, professionally, and according to the law."
Pasell has served on the La Crosse County Circuit Court Branch 5 bench since 1999, when he was first elected. He was re-elected in 2005 and 2011.
Pasell will be formally recognized at a dinner on May 14 in Madison. As the recipient of this year's award, he will preside over the chapter's annual civil trial demonstration seminar co-sponsored by the State Bar of Wisconsin.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers