LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Theater lovers are in for a change of scenery at the La Crosse Community Theatre.
The theater's director announced this season's performance line-up at its annual patron's gala Saturday night.
Half of the shows will take place at their current venue, and half will be at their newly constructed theater. Their new location is expected to be ready for performances by January.10021288
This year's show line-up includes one performance that has never been done in our area.
"We have announced something very, very special. Because it is going to be the regional debut of ‘Les Miserables,' which has never been available to community theaters until Thursday, when we got invited and asked, ‘Do we want to present it?' And matching the epic tale that we have with our brand new building, and our brand new dream, we said yes we want to present ‘Les Miserables.'"
The first three shows at the current location will be "The Pirates of Penzance," "The Bus Stop," and "A Christmas Story." At the new location, they will perform "Macbeth," "The Dining Room," and "Les Miserables."
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.