LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's Community Thanksgiving Dinner is still thousands of dollars short.
The annual event still needs about $17,000 to pay off all its bills.
Organizers say they're up to date on everything that has been charged up front, but won't be able to pay off the costs that come later. However, they're not concerned yet. "We've never fallen short of funding before and we don't anticipate we will this year. We know that we live in a very generous community and the people will continue to support this incredible event," said Rev. Ellen Rasmussen.
Doors open at 10 a.m. Thanksgiving Day and the meal is served at 11 a.m. at the La Crosse Center.
If you'd like to make a donation, you can go to lacrossethanksgivingdinner.com or call 782-8726.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East