LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's Community Thanksgiving Dinner is still thousands of dollars short.
The annual event still needs about $17,000 to pay off all its bills.
Organizers say they're up to date on everything that has been charged up front, but won't be able to pay off the costs that come later. However, they're not concerned yet. "We've never fallen short of funding before and we don't anticipate we will this year. We know that we live in a very generous community and the people will continue to support this incredible event," said Rev. Ellen Rasmussen.
Doors open at 10 a.m. Thanksgiving Day and the meal is served at 11 a.m. at the La Crosse Center.
If you'd like to make a donation, you can go to lacrossethanksgivingdinner.com or call 782-8726.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump