LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members came together to raise money for the La Crosse Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps by Running with the Stars in Myrick Park.
It's a 5K run/walk that raises money for both their organization and a show slated for July. During the event, Blue Stars members played alongside the route at certain stops, and even played a show after the race was over.
It was not only a way to raise funds, but also to raise awareness in the community.
"This is an opportunity for participants to run with the corps so actually intermingle with them, talk with them if they wanted to, get a chance to get to know them rather than just see them perform," said race director Niki Furlano.
The Blue Stars event, DCI La Crosse will be held on Saturday, July 12.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting