LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members came together to raise money for the La Crosse Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps by Running with the Stars in Myrick Park.
It's a 5K run/walk that raises money for both their organization and a show slated for July. During the event, Blue Stars members played alongside the route at certain stops, and even played a show after the race was over.
It was not only a way to raise funds, but also to raise awareness in the community.
"This is an opportunity for participants to run with the corps so actually intermingle with them, talk with them if they wanted to, get a chance to get to know them rather than just see them perform," said race director Niki Furlano.
The Blue Stars event, DCI La Crosse will be held on Saturday, July 12.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team