LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community members came together to raise money for the La Crosse Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps by Running with the Stars in Myrick Park.
It's a 5K run/walk that raises money for both their organization and a show slated for July. During the event, Blue Stars members played alongside the route at certain stops, and even played a show after the race was over.
It was not only a way to raise funds, but also to raise awareness in the community.
"This is an opportunity for participants to run with the corps so actually intermingle with them, talk with them if they wanted to, get a chance to get to know them rather than just see them perform," said race director Niki Furlano.
The Blue Stars event, DCI La Crosse will be held on Saturday, July 12.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser