LA CROSSE, Wis. -- A settlement has been reached between La Crosse County and the family of a local teen killed in a car crash involving a county sheriff's deputy.
Sixteen-year-old Brandon Jennings died in a crash involving former Deputy Trisha Stratman in July of 2010. Stratman was responding to a bar fight in Holmen and was found not guilty of negligent homicide in November.
Jennings' family sued the county last month for more than half-a-million dollars in damages. The notice of claim filed on behalf of Jennings' family says "Stratman's negligent, careless, conduct and failure to use due care caused the death of Brandon Jennings."
Earlier this month the county reached a settlement with the family for more than half a million dollars.8454044
Stratman is appealing her firing from the Sheriff's department. An attorney from the Wisconsin Professional Police Assocation has said an appeal hearing may be held next month.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts