LA CROSSE, Wis. -- A settlement has been reached between La Crosse County and the family of a local teen killed in a car crash involving a county sheriff's deputy.
Sixteen-year-old Brandon Jennings died in a crash involving former Deputy Trisha Stratman in July of 2010. Stratman was responding to a bar fight in Holmen and was found not guilty of negligent homicide in November.
Jennings' family sued the county last month for more than half-a-million dollars in damages. The notice of claim filed on behalf of Jennings' family says "Stratman's negligent, careless, conduct and failure to use due care caused the death of Brandon Jennings."
Earlier this month the county reached a settlement with the family for more than half a million dollars.8454044
Stratman is appealing her firing from the Sheriff's department. An attorney from the Wisconsin Professional Police Assocation has said an appeal hearing may be held next month.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract