LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - City leaders in La Crosse are asking for the public's input on the redevelopment of 65 acres of prime real estate on the north side.
City leaders met Wednesday to announce an upcoming series of planning meetings on the Riverside North development.
The new development will stretch along the river, just north of La Crosse's downtown.
During the planning meetings, residents can share their ideas with city planners.
Wednesday's meeting also focused on the importance of our area's natural resources and the role they play in the redevelopment process.
"We've got incredible features here and we want to be able to highlight those natural resources as part of the overall redevelopment of the site," said Mayor Tim Kabat.
The Riverside North redevelopment planning meetings run from May 14th through the 20th.
For more information, visit the city of La Crosse's website.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks