LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - City leaders in La Crosse are asking for the public's input on the redevelopment of 65 acres of prime real estate on the north side.
City leaders met Wednesday to announce an upcoming series of planning meetings on the Riverside North development.
The new development will stretch along the river, just north of La Crosse's downtown.
During the planning meetings, residents can share their ideas with city planners.
Wednesday's meeting also focused on the importance of our area's natural resources and the role they play in the redevelopment process.
"We've got incredible features here and we want to be able to highlight those natural resources as part of the overall redevelopment of the site," said Mayor Tim Kabat.
The Riverside North redevelopment planning meetings run from May 14th through the 20th.
For more information, visit the city of La Crosse's website.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.