LA CROSSE, Wis. - The city of La Crosse wants to slow down the number of single family homes being converted into rental properties.
Thursday night, the city council gave final approval to a six month moratorium to stop those conversions.
Right now, there are nearly 700 rental homes in the city.20949330
City leaders say renters are less invested in the community than homeowners.
During the six month moratorium period, city officials will be discussing more permanent solutions to address the issue.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting