LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - City of La Crosse officials are getting closer to making some big changes.
Department heads and city council members met with a consultant to help government become more efficient.
It's the second step in a process that trimmed the city council by four members.
On Wednesday they were working on finalizing job descriptions and creating a clear leadership structure.
"Hopefully they'll see a higher level leadership structure that will be more engaged in developing the vision and direction for the city," said consultant Walter Jankowski.
Jankowski said they were about 85-percent of the way done. When the recommendations are final they'll go to the city council. They hope to have it ready in time for the city's next budget cycle.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building