LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse firefighters were able to put out a fire on the roof of Faith Lutheran Church at 1407 Main Street in La Crosse on Tuesday afternoon before it spread to the rest of the church.
La Crosse Division Chief Tom Wallerich says a maintenance worker called 911 after he smelled smoke in the church and could see it coming from the roof.
Firefighters went up to the roof, cut out a four-foot hole and were able to put out, causing very little smoke or fire damage.
Investigators said the cause of the fire was a light that was damaged and making contact with the roof. The heat from the hologen bulb started the fire.
Investigators said there were other signs of vandalism on the roof.
No one was injured in the fire. Right now, there's no word on the cost of the damage.17824144
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice