LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse firefighters were able to put out a fire on the roof of Faith Lutheran Church at 1407 Main Street in La Crosse on Tuesday afternoon before it spread to the rest of the church.
La Crosse Division Chief Tom Wallerich says a maintenance worker called 911 after he smelled smoke in the church and could see it coming from the roof.
Firefighters went up to the roof, cut out a four-foot hole and were able to put out, causing very little smoke or fire damage.
Investigators said the cause of the fire was a light that was damaged and making contact with the roof. The heat from the hologen bulb started the fire.
Investigators said there were other signs of vandalism on the roof.
No one was injured in the fire. Right now, there's no word on the cost of the damage.17824144
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure