LA CROSSE, Wis. -- A La Crescent man arrested after crashing his SUV following a high-speed chase with La Crosse Police makes his first court appearance.
Cory Johnson, 33, was hospitalized after the early morning crash August 3. Police say before the crash, Johnson led officers on a high-speed chase that lasted about a mile before Johnson hit several parked cars and flipped his SUV near 11th and King Streets.
A passenger in the SUV had minor injuries, but was treated and released.
A judge Tuesday set a $20,000 bond for Johnson, who was out on bond and wanted on warrants for misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct charges.16008534
Johnson faces possible charges of OWI causing injury, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, fleeing an officer and recklessly endangering safety.
Police say the passenger will likely not face charges.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse