LA CROSSE, Wis. -- A La Crescent man arrested after crashing his SUV following a high-speed chase with La Crosse Police makes his first court appearance.
Cory Johnson, 33, was hospitalized after the early morning crash August 3. Police say before the crash, Johnson led officers on a high-speed chase that lasted about a mile before Johnson hit several parked cars and flipped his SUV near 11th and King Streets.
A passenger in the SUV had minor injuries, but was treated and released.
A judge Tuesday set a $20,000 bond for Johnson, who was out on bond and wanted on warrants for misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct charges.16008534
Johnson faces possible charges of OWI causing injury, possession with intent to deliver cocaine, fleeing an officer and recklessly endangering safety.
Police say the passenger will likely not face charges.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016