LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Central High School held a pep rally to send its girls basketball team to state Thursday morning.
The team is scheduled to play DeForest on Friday, March 20 at about 1:35 p.m. , or about 25 minutes following the previous game that day.
"We finally got that recognition that we wanted and it's really nice to have that support from our school and even other schools, like I know Logan sent us a cake, so I know getting that support is really nice," said senior forward Katlyn Roesch.
"I'm so proud of the girls and all the hard work they've put in since November, you know, they've earned every step of this and I'm excited to go on this journey with them," said head coach Nahmi George.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse