LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Central High School held a pep rally to send its girls basketball team to state Thursday morning.
The team is scheduled to play DeForest on Friday, March 20 at about 1:35 p.m. , or about 25 minutes following the previous game that day.
"We finally got that recognition that we wanted and it's really nice to have that support from our school and even other schools, like I know Logan sent us a cake, so I know getting that support is really nice," said senior forward Katlyn Roesch.
"I'm so proud of the girls and all the hard work they've put in since November, you know, they've earned every step of this and I'm excited to go on this journey with them," said head coach Nahmi George.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion