LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Central High School held a pep rally to send its girls basketball team to state Thursday morning.
The team is scheduled to play DeForest on Friday, March 20 at about 1:35 p.m. , or about 25 minutes following the previous game that day.
"We finally got that recognition that we wanted and it's really nice to have that support from our school and even other schools, like I know Logan sent us a cake, so I know getting that support is really nice," said senior forward Katlyn Roesch.
"I'm so proud of the girls and all the hard work they've put in since November, you know, they've earned every step of this and I'm excited to go on this journey with them," said head coach Nahmi George.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified