LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A prime venue for hosting concerts and other big events will likely get a facelift soon.
The La Crosse Center is more than 30 years old and an internal study found that just about every area inside the center could use some renovations.
The center's board reviewed bids Monday night from consultants to put together a plan for the upgrades.
One of the bids is from a group familiar with the building. "One of the bids is a group who did an evaluation of the La Crosse Center back in the year 2000, so it's good to get bids of people who are familiar with the La Crosse, Midwest convention facilities," said La Crosse Center Board Chair Brent Smith.
The board hopes to give the city council a recommendation to review in its next meeting cycle.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump