LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The community came together Sunday to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
The celebration featured performances of Chinese folk dance, calligraphy, music and more. Mayor Tim Kabat made an appearance at the event, as well.
The La Crosse Area Chinese Association hosted the celebration at U-W La Crosse's Cart Wright Center. Organizers say the Chinese New Year is a day of good luck, health and unity.
"This will give an opportunity to put the community together, and also give the opportunity to the kids to touch their roots and learn the culture," said Association President Gordon Zeng. "It's an opportunity for the local residents to experience the Chinese culture."
The New Year is China's largest event. This New Year celebration begins the year of the horse.24251678
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline