LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The community came together Sunday to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
The celebration featured performances of Chinese folk dance, calligraphy, music and more. Mayor Tim Kabat made an appearance at the event, as well.
The La Crosse Area Chinese Association hosted the celebration at U-W La Crosse's Cart Wright Center. Organizers say the Chinese New Year is a day of good luck, health and unity.
"This will give an opportunity to put the community together, and also give the opportunity to the kids to touch their roots and learn the culture," said Association President Gordon Zeng. "It's an opportunity for the local residents to experience the Chinese culture."
The New Year is China's largest event. This New Year celebration begins the year of the horse.24251678
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked