LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Millions of people across the nation took part in Earth Day activities Tuesday.
The day raises awareness about sustainability and the impact we have on our environment.
An area recycling company is doing its part by helping residents get rid of their electronics.
Dynamic Recycling Incorporated in La Crosse collects e-waste from county drop-off sites.
They then refurbish the electronics or recycle the materials for other uses. "There's lead, mercury, cadmium, there's a lot of harmful heavy metals that are in these devices that are harmful for our environment," said Dynamic Recycling C.E.O. Miles Harter.
You can drop off your electronics at a number of places, including the La Crosse Co. Hazardous Waste Facility, Goodwill, Harter's Quick Clean-Up, and surrounding landfills.
The electronics you can recycle does depend on the drop-off site.
Some places do charge for recycling electronics.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers