LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Millions of people across the nation took part in Earth Day activities Tuesday.
The day raises awareness about sustainability and the impact we have on our environment.
An area recycling company is doing its part by helping residents get rid of their electronics.
Dynamic Recycling Incorporated in La Crosse collects e-waste from county drop-off sites.
They then refurbish the electronics or recycle the materials for other uses. "There's lead, mercury, cadmium, there's a lot of harmful heavy metals that are in these devices that are harmful for our environment," said Dynamic Recycling C.E.O. Miles Harter.
You can drop off your electronics at a number of places, including the La Crosse Co. Hazardous Waste Facility, Goodwill, Harter's Quick Clean-Up, and surrounding landfills.
The electronics you can recycle does depend on the drop-off site.
Some places do charge for recycling electronics.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner