LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Millions of people across the nation took part in Earth Day activities Tuesday.
The day raises awareness about sustainability and the impact we have on our environment.
An area recycling company is doing its part by helping residents get rid of their electronics.
Dynamic Recycling Incorporated in La Crosse collects e-waste from county drop-off sites.
They then refurbish the electronics or recycle the materials for other uses. "There's lead, mercury, cadmium, there's a lot of harmful heavy metals that are in these devices that are harmful for our environment," said Dynamic Recycling C.E.O. Miles Harter.
You can drop off your electronics at a number of places, including the La Crosse Co. Hazardous Waste Facility, Goodwill, Harter's Quick Clean-Up, and surrounding landfills.
The electronics you can recycle does depend on the drop-off site.
Some places do charge for recycling electronics.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests