LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wettsteins in La Crosse recently hosted its 3rd annual "Pay it Forward" sale to help fill the shelves of local non-profits.
Non-preishable food item donations led to special deals and discounts at the store.
The Salvation Army and W.A.F.E.R. will recieve the food donations.
They say the drive could not have come at a better time. "It comes at a perfect time of year. All the food that we got in at Christmastime has been used up so our shelves are very empty and it's really appreciated at this time of year," said Julie Nelson from the Salvation Army.
More than 2,000 lbs. of food was donated.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death