LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wettsteins in La Crosse recently hosted its 3rd annual "Pay it Forward" sale to help fill the shelves of local non-profits.
Non-preishable food item donations led to special deals and discounts at the store.
The Salvation Army and W.A.F.E.R. will recieve the food donations.
They say the drive could not have come at a better time. "It comes at a perfect time of year. All the food that we got in at Christmastime has been used up so our shelves are very empty and it's really appreciated at this time of year," said Julie Nelson from the Salvation Army.
More than 2,000 lbs. of food was donated.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years