LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wettsteins in La Crosse recently hosted its 3rd annual "Pay it Forward" sale to help fill the shelves of local non-profits.
Non-preishable food item donations led to special deals and discounts at the store.
The Salvation Army and W.A.F.E.R. will recieve the food donations.
They say the drive could not have come at a better time. "It comes at a perfect time of year. All the food that we got in at Christmastime has been used up so our shelves are very empty and it's really appreciated at this time of year," said Julie Nelson from the Salvation Army.
More than 2,000 lbs. of food was donated.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain