LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bennett Fried, 10, placed 4th in the 100m dash at the Hershey's Track and Field North American Final on Saturday, August 2, in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Fried was one of seven Wisconsin athletes invited to attend and compete in the event. More than 450 athletes ages 9-14 from every U.S. state, as well as Canada and Puerto Rico participated.
"It was neat meeting kids from all across the country," Fried said. "My roommate was from Fond du Lac. We became friends, and both took home 4th place medals in our events."
"Bennett has had an incredible track and field season, winning multiple stat and regional championships in multiple events, including 100m dash, 200m dash, 400m dash, and long jump," said La Crosse Track Club Youth Coach Dan Schraith. "He earned invitations to three different national championship youth track & field meets this year, and has been fortunate to be able to travel to two of them. He has been an inspiration to many youth in our area, and we've all enjoyed cheering for him at these major national events."
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser