LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bennett Fried, 10, placed 4th in the 100m dash at the Hershey's Track and Field North American Final on Saturday, August 2, in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Fried was one of seven Wisconsin athletes invited to attend and compete in the event. More than 450 athletes ages 9-14 from every U.S. state, as well as Canada and Puerto Rico participated.
"It was neat meeting kids from all across the country," Fried said. "My roommate was from Fond du Lac. We became friends, and both took home 4th place medals in our events."
"Bennett has had an incredible track and field season, winning multiple stat and regional championships in multiple events, including 100m dash, 200m dash, 400m dash, and long jump," said La Crosse Track Club Youth Coach Dan Schraith. "He earned invitations to three different national championship youth track & field meets this year, and has been fortunate to be able to travel to two of them. He has been an inspiration to many youth in our area, and we've all enjoyed cheering for him at these major national events."
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition