LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse Art Initiative is welcoming sesame street to town.
The group spent hours in front of the La Crosse center using chalk to spread the word about the famous production.
The side walk chalk symposium gave artists in the area a chance to come together to do something for downtown La Crosse. The drawings also help promote the groups efforts to incorporate art into the community.
"This is a small way we can bring visual arts to the downtown area which is one of the things the arts initiative is all about is we're trying to bring visual arts to the downtown area. like they're saying they are trying to create an arts district so we are trying to get people used to the idea of seeing art everyday down here," said Mike Martino, co-founder of the La Crosse Art Initiative.
The art initiative will be hosting "Plein Air Painting Between the Bluffs" from September 16-21.21523962
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse