LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse Art Initiative is welcoming sesame street to town.
The group spent hours in front of the La Crosse center using chalk to spread the word about the famous production.
The side walk chalk symposium gave artists in the area a chance to come together to do something for downtown La Crosse. The drawings also help promote the groups efforts to incorporate art into the community.
"This is a small way we can bring visual arts to the downtown area which is one of the things the arts initiative is all about is we're trying to bring visual arts to the downtown area. like they're saying they are trying to create an arts district so we are trying to get people used to the idea of seeing art everyday down here," said Mike Martino, co-founder of the La Crosse Art Initiative.
The art initiative will be hosting "Plein Air Painting Between the Bluffs" from September 16-21.21523962
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death