LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual breakfast brought together local business leaders.
It's part of the annual La Crosse Area Development Corporation's "Appreciation Breakfast" in La Crosse.
The 18th annual breakfast at the Radisson gave business owners a chance to talk about the local business climate.
Headlining the event was president of the Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance Todd Berry.
He said as far as job development goes our area is out-performing other areas across the state.
"This area does have manufacturing strength and actually held up a lot better in the recession and afterwards than say the real manufacturing core of the state to the southeast," said Berry.
The president of the alliance credits the area's success not only to innovation in existing businesses but to our health care and education systems as well.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing