LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual breakfast brought together local business leaders.
It's part of the annual La Crosse Area Development Corporation's "Appreciation Breakfast" in La Crosse.
The 18th annual breakfast at the Radisson gave business owners a chance to talk about the local business climate.
Headlining the event was president of the Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance Todd Berry.
He said as far as job development goes our area is out-performing other areas across the state.
"This area does have manufacturing strength and actually held up a lot better in the recession and afterwards than say the real manufacturing core of the state to the southeast," said Berry.
The president of the alliance credits the area's success not only to innovation in existing businesses but to our health care and education systems as well.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts