LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual breakfast brought together local business leaders.
It's part of the annual La Crosse Area Development Corporation's "Appreciation Breakfast" in La Crosse.
The 18th annual breakfast at the Radisson gave business owners a chance to talk about the local business climate.
Headlining the event was president of the Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance Todd Berry.
He said as far as job development goes our area is out-performing other areas across the state.
"This area does have manufacturing strength and actually held up a lot better in the recession and afterwards than say the real manufacturing core of the state to the southeast," said Berry.
The president of the alliance credits the area's success not only to innovation in existing businesses but to our health care and education systems as well.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- Flight attendant charged in fake bomb threat signs plea deal
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Officers fired upon in Milwaukee