LA CROSSE, Wis. - A major expansion project for Kwik Trip in La Ccrosse is right on schedule.
The company is in phase two of its dairy expansion project.
They're adding a 70,000 square foot building in the La Crosse industrial park that will handle the filling, casing, and bottling of their milk products.
It's part of a larger project that will be finished in 2015.19966164
The purpose of the project is to grow their business and one main focus is making food-safe facilities. "We're putting extra effort into ventilation systems and sanitation systems and how we lay the processes out. So it's critical not only to provide a quality product for our customers, but we expect it to be the safest product," said Kwik Trip's Director of Production Operations Bruce Pronschinske.
Kwik Trip says when it's complete, the expansion should allow them to add more jobs.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota