BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Even though many of La Crosse native Bronson Koenig's friends and family won't be able to make the trip to watch him in the Final Four, they'll still be cheering loud from back at home.
On Friday, well-wishers met at the Ho Chunk Nation in Black River Falls for a pre-game celebration. That's where Koenig's mom works.
She says she hasn't missed many games and still gets nervous before each one. "I've gone to most of them, I think I've probably missed 3 away games. I think I won't get nervous until after I sit down. So ya, I usually don't look at the score," said Ethel Funmaker.
Ethel and her friends left for Texas right after the celebration to make it in plenty of time for Saturday's 7:49 p.m. tip-off.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony