BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Even though many of La Crosse native Bronson Koenig's friends and family won't be able to make the trip to watch him in the Final Four, they'll still be cheering loud from back at home.
On Friday, well-wishers met at the Ho Chunk Nation in Black River Falls for a pre-game celebration. That's where Koenig's mom works.
She says she hasn't missed many games and still gets nervous before each one. "I've gone to most of them, I think I've probably missed 3 away games. I think I won't get nervous until after I sit down. So ya, I usually don't look at the score," said Ethel Funmaker.
Ethel and her friends left for Texas right after the celebration to make it in plenty of time for Saturday's 7:49 p.m. tip-off.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Injured men flee car crash, one dies