BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Even though many of La Crosse native Bronson Koenig's friends and family won't be able to make the trip to watch him in the Final Four, they'll still be cheering loud from back at home.
On Friday, well-wishers met at the Ho Chunk Nation in Black River Falls for a pre-game celebration. That's where Koenig's mom works.
She says she hasn't missed many games and still gets nervous before each one. "I've gone to most of them, I think I've probably missed 3 away games. I think I won't get nervous until after I sit down. So ya, I usually don't look at the score," said Ethel Funmaker.
Ethel and her friends left for Texas right after the celebration to make it in plenty of time for Saturday's 7:49 p.m. tip-off.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?