LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin's lieutenant governor made a stop in La Crosse Tuesday.
Rebecca Kleefisch is travelling the state holding a Tax Reform Roundtable discussion.
The Walker administration wants to lower the overall tax burden for Wisconsin residents the roundtable is an opportunity to get ideas and feedback directly from taxpayers.
Kleefisch says reaching communities all over the state gives the administration a better idea of how to reform the tax code so it helps everyone.
"We know that rural districts face different pressures than urban districts, and we also know that municipalities that are more urban face different challenge than more rural ones, and so we heard some interesting ideas today and some ideas that we have heard multiple times." Lt. Gov. Kleefisch said.
Changes resulting from the roundtable could be seen as early as the 2015-17 budget.24165410
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse