LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin's lieutenant governor made a stop in La Crosse Tuesday.
Rebecca Kleefisch is travelling the state holding a Tax Reform Roundtable discussion.
The Walker administration wants to lower the overall tax burden for Wisconsin residents the roundtable is an opportunity to get ideas and feedback directly from taxpayers.
Kleefisch says reaching communities all over the state gives the administration a better idea of how to reform the tax code so it helps everyone.
"We know that rural districts face different pressures than urban districts, and we also know that municipalities that are more urban face different challenge than more rural ones, and so we heard some interesting ideas today and some ideas that we have heard multiple times." Lt. Gov. Kleefisch said.
Changes resulting from the roundtable could be seen as early as the 2015-17 budget.24165410
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers