LA CROSSE, WI - Fall brings some beautiful colors to the area, but also some unwanted pests.
Local pest control experts says things like boxelder bugs and wasps are prevalent now, and asian beetles will start popping up after colder nights.
Right now, the pests are looking for a warm place to call home for the winter, but there are some ways to keep them out. "You can spray soap water on them, but you'd have to do that three times a day, and you can try to caulk your house so they can't come inside where they'd bother you the most," said Jim DeBoer, owner of DeBoer's Pest Control.22286802
DeBoer says vacuuming up the bugs is probably the best way to get rid of them, then immediately throwing out the bag.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure