LA CROSSE, WI - Fall brings some beautiful colors to the area, but also some unwanted pests.
Local pest control experts says things like boxelder bugs and wasps are prevalent now, and asian beetles will start popping up after colder nights.
Right now, the pests are looking for a warm place to call home for the winter, but there are some ways to keep them out. "You can spray soap water on them, but you'd have to do that three times a day, and you can try to caulk your house so they can't come inside where they'd bother you the most," said Jim DeBoer, owner of DeBoer's Pest Control.22286802
DeBoer says vacuuming up the bugs is probably the best way to get rid of them, then immediately throwing out the bag.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration