LA CROSSE, Wis. - Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Tim Kabat officially announced he will run for mayor of La Crosse.
Kabat entered the race Thursday morning, just two weeks away from the deadline to file paperwork with the City Clerk's Office.
"Our city hall has a lot of good department heads, a lot of good people, council members," Kabat said. "But there is a need to bring everyone together with one vision and I really think that' s been lacking. And I feel that's a strength of mine, to bring a diverse group of people together with one vision in mind."
So far ten candidates have filed papers with the City Clerk's office. Former La Crosse Mayor John Medinger dropped out of the race earlier this week.17854898
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns