LA CROSSE, Wis. - Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Tim Kabat officially announced he will run for mayor of La Crosse.
Kabat entered the race Thursday morning, just two weeks away from the deadline to file paperwork with the City Clerk's Office.
"Our city hall has a lot of good department heads, a lot of good people, council members," Kabat said. "But there is a need to bring everyone together with one vision and I really think that' s been lacking. And I feel that's a strength of mine, to bring a diverse group of people together with one vision in mind."
So far ten candidates have filed papers with the City Clerk's office. Former La Crosse Mayor John Medinger dropped out of the race earlier this week.17854898
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore