HUDSON, Wis. - Jurors at Aaron Schaffhausen's insanity trial have viewed graphic photos of the Wisconsin crime scene where Schaffhausen has admitted killing his three daughters.
Forensic image specialist Larry Ventura testified for the prosecution Friday. Ventura showed images of the girls' bodies, their bedrooms and pools of blood on the carpet.
KSTP-TV reports Schaffhausen didn't look at any of the photos.
Anna Sorenson with the Wisconsin State Crime Lab testified about the murder scene she saw and the condition of the girls. Police found the girls -- 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia -- dead in their beds in their River Falls home.
The prosecution contends Schaffhausen killed his daughters to get revenge on his ex-wife. The defense maintains Schaffhausen was legally insane at the time of the July killings.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants