MILWAUKEE (AP) - Thousands of people are expected to gather in Horicon this weekend to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the John Deere lawn-and-garden tractor.
The model 110 tractor was first made at John Deere Corp.'s Horicon Works factory in 1963.
It is a miniature version of a regular tractor, with attachments that include a plow for planting.
The company made 1,000 of the smaller tractors the first year as a way to test the market. In 2010, the plant made its 5 millionth garden tractor.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the weekend celebration will include factory tours, garden tractor displays, a daily tractor parade at noon and a swap meet.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies