RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Racine County has organized a job fair for workers displaced by a fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
County Executive Jim Ladwig says Echo Lake Foods employees will have a chance to meet with potential employers at the Veterans Terrace in Burlington next Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Ladwig says a wide variety of jobs will be available, including entry level warehouse positions, maintenance mechanics, forklift operators and hospitality jobs.
The company said Monday it plans to rebuild the part of the egg processing plant that was destroyed in the fire last week. The plant employs about 300 people and is one of the city's largest employers.
Employees are meeting with local and state unemployment officials Wednesday to learn more about jobless benefits.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes