RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Racine County has organized a job fair for workers displaced by a fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
County Executive Jim Ladwig says Echo Lake Foods employees will have a chance to meet with potential employers at the Veterans Terrace in Burlington next Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Ladwig says a wide variety of jobs will be available, including entry level warehouse positions, maintenance mechanics, forklift operators and hospitality jobs.
The company said Monday it plans to rebuild the part of the egg processing plant that was destroyed in the fire last week. The plant employs about 300 people and is one of the city's largest employers.
Employees are meeting with local and state unemployment officials Wednesday to learn more about jobless benefits.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death