LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Job Center of La Crosse is on the move and now under a new name.
The new Workforce Development Center is open for business. New to users will be an expanded resource room, as well as additional conference room space and a new computer lab.
The additions to the new building will allow for more participants as well as more workshops.
The move not only gives them more space, it also helps out some of the users. "We're co-located with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and this allows us to serve consumers with disabilities more effective and efficiently," said Kathleen Olson from the Workforce Development Center.
Organizers hope to hold a open house in September to go along with Workforce Development month. For more information on Western Wisconsin Workforce Development, you can click here for the job center website.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016