LA CROSSE, WI - Jazz fans took advantage of the final performance of this year's Jazz in the Park Concert Series Sunday night.
Musicians took the stage at the Weber Center for the Performing Arts in La Crosse instead of the park to avoid the threat of rain.
The final concert of the series featured some of the best Jazz musicians in the area, including internationally acclaimed trumpeter and Broadway singer Byron Stripling. Organizers say the concert is a celebration of an important part of U.S. history.
"Wisconsin and La Crosse have a great heritage in jazz with a lost of the festival and many other activities this is one of the few remaining," said Greg Balfany, director of Jazz in the Park. "Jazz is one of the great contributions of United States of America along with democracy and baseball according to Ken Burns and Company."
The La Crosse Jazz Orchestra is Western Wisconsin's only jazz orchestra.21097354
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration