JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- - Janesville police say a woman found dead in a home was the victim of an apparent homicide.
A Janesville Gazette report says no one has been arrested, but a man who was in the house was taken to a hospital with unspecified medical issues.
Deputy Chief Danny Davis says officers were called to the home Saturday about 3 a.m. to check on a female who was reportedly late getting home. Police forced open a door and found the woman dead inside.
Davis says an autopsy will reveal the cause of death, but police are confident they're investigating a homicide. He says the public isn't in danger.
The man's medical condition hasn't been released. Davis says it's not immediately clear whether he played any role in the apparent homicide.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests