JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- - Janesville police say a woman found dead in a home was the victim of an apparent homicide.
A Janesville Gazette report says no one has been arrested, but a man who was in the house was taken to a hospital with unspecified medical issues.
Deputy Chief Danny Davis says officers were called to the home Saturday about 3 a.m. to check on a female who was reportedly late getting home. Police forced open a door and found the woman dead inside.
Davis says an autopsy will reveal the cause of death, but police are confident they're investigating a homicide. He says the public isn't in danger.
The man's medical condition hasn't been released. Davis says it's not immediately clear whether he played any role in the apparent homicide.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls