JACKSON COUNTY, WI - The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is investigating what they're calling a "suspicious disappearance" of a 57-year-old man from Hixton Township.
Authorities say as of Monday evening, Brian Helgeson had not been heard from for more than a week and family was becoming concerned.
A family member went to Helgeson's home, which he shares with his 20-year-old son Lars and no one came to the door. She told police when she looked into the window of the home, she saw a person crouching down, attempting to avoid being seen. She left and called authorities.
When the Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrived no one answered the door. The department's Emergency Response Team (ERT) was activated. They didn't find anyone in the house and there was no initial evidence of foul play.
Lars Helgeson is safe based on recent contact with friends, but authorities have not been able to find him. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says Lars is armed with two firearms and may be mentally unstable.
Lars Helgeson may be using a reported stolen vehicle, a 1980 brown Chevy Suburban with license plate 589DEW.
If you have any information about where Brian Helgeson or Lars Helgeson may be, contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (715) 284-5357.22104662
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature