JACKSON COUNTY, WI - The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is investigating what they're calling a "suspicious disappearance" of a 57-year-old man from Hixton Township.
Authorities say as of Monday evening, Brian Helgeson had not been heard from for more than a week and family was becoming concerned.
A family member went to Helgeson's home, which he shares with his 20-year-old son Lars and no one came to the door. She told police when she looked into the window of the home, she saw a person crouching down, attempting to avoid being seen. She left and called authorities.
When the Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrived no one answered the door. The department's Emergency Response Team (ERT) was activated. They didn't find anyone in the house and there was no initial evidence of foul play.
Lars Helgeson is safe based on recent contact with friends, but authorities have not been able to find him. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says Lars is armed with two firearms and may be mentally unstable.
Lars Helgeson may be using a reported stolen vehicle, a 1980 brown Chevy Suburban with license plate 589DEW.
If you have any information about where Brian Helgeson or Lars Helgeson may be, contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (715) 284-5357.22104662
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash