BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - The Jackson County man accused of shooting his father then burying him on their property, entered insanity pleas Monday.
20 year old Lars Helgeson entered the not guilty by reasons of mental disease or defect plea Monday morning in a Jackson County Court.
It applies to all three charges he's facing: first degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse, and taking and driving a vehicle without consent.
In September, 57 year old Brian Helgeson went missing for about a week.
A police investigation led them to arrest his son, Lars, and find Brian's body buried near their shared home.
A mental evaluation will be ordered by the court, however the defense requested a judge substitution.
The case will not move forward until a new judge has been assigned.23805334
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race