BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - The Jackson County man accused of shooting his father then burying him on their property, entered insanity pleas Monday.
20 year old Lars Helgeson entered the not guilty by reasons of mental disease or defect plea Monday morning in a Jackson County Court.
It applies to all three charges he's facing: first degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse, and taking and driving a vehicle without consent.
In September, 57 year old Brian Helgeson went missing for about a week.
A police investigation led them to arrest his son, Lars, and find Brian's body buried near their shared home.
A mental evaluation will be ordered by the court, however the defense requested a judge substitution.
The case will not move forward until a new judge has been assigned.23805334
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks