TOWN of KOMENSKY, Wis. - A Jackson County Sheriff's deputy arrested a 59-year-old man for his 13th operating while intoxicated (OWI) offense.
The sheriff's office received a call to help the Ho-Chunk Nation Police Department on March 18 around 2:30 p.m. to respond to a vehicle that slid off the roadway in the Town of Komensky.
When deputies arrived, they found Herman Decorah passed out behind the steering wheel with the vehicle still in drive. The sheriff's office says Decorah was traveling north on Mission Road when he lost control of his vehicle and slid into the ditch.
Authorities say they are waiting for the results of a legal blood draw. Decorah was also cited for other traffic offenses relating to this incident.19386354
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather