TOWN of KOMENSKY, Wis. - A Jackson County Sheriff's deputy arrested a 59-year-old man for his 13th operating while intoxicated (OWI) offense.
The sheriff's office received a call to help the Ho-Chunk Nation Police Department on March 18 around 2:30 p.m. to respond to a vehicle that slid off the roadway in the Town of Komensky.
When deputies arrived, they found Herman Decorah passed out behind the steering wheel with the vehicle still in drive. The sheriff's office says Decorah was traveling north on Mission Road when he lost control of his vehicle and slid into the ditch.
Authorities say they are waiting for the results of a legal blood draw. Decorah was also cited for other traffic offenses relating to this incident.19386354
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?