LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse Harbor is adding a new ship to its fleet.
On Saturday, the J.F. Brennan Company christened its new towboat the Megan Mc-B.
The new vessel will transfer barges to and from the harbor.
It was built in Indiana on the Ohio River and is the only towboat of its kind in La Crosse.
The vessel is named in honor of the wife of one of J.F. Brennan Company's owners.
"We usually name the vessels after family members who have ownership in the business and her name is Megan Bensfeld but her maiden name was McDootle, so we combined them. The McB is because she's Irish and has a proud ancestry so we incorporated it into the new name," said Mark Binsfeld, J.F. Brenan Company business development manager.
The Megan Mc-B is considered an upgrade from the company's previous boat, which is now in Lansing, Iowa, at one of the company's other shipyards.20677996
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016