LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - International students got a taste of American culture Monday night.
The La Crosse Friends of International Students treated the 100 students and their host families to a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner at Faith Lutheran Church.
The annual meal was complete with turkey, potatoes, and some sweets.
For many of the students, it was their first Thanksgiving meal. And they say it lived up to their expectations. "From what I can see now, it is Turkey and it is potatoes and everybody is gathering and I think that's the spirit of Thanksgiving, like together eat, together, it's awesome," said German exchange student Mathis Jama.
The event has been going on for about 25 years.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death