LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - International students got a taste of American culture Monday night.
The La Crosse Friends of International Students treated the 100 students and their host families to a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner at Faith Lutheran Church.
The annual meal was complete with turkey, potatoes, and some sweets.
For many of the students, it was their first Thanksgiving meal. And they say it lived up to their expectations. "From what I can see now, it is Turkey and it is potatoes and everybody is gathering and I think that's the spirit of Thanksgiving, like together eat, together, it's awesome," said German exchange student Mathis Jama.
The event has been going on for about 25 years.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes