TOWN OF BARNES, Wis. (AP) - An Indiana man has died in a snowmobile accident in northern Wisconsin.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Justin Charles Mulder of Munster died after he failed to negotiate a corner on his snowmobile, left the road and crashed into a wooded area.
Department of Natural Resources snowmobile safety administrator Gary Eddy says the accident happened about 3 p.m. Sunday. The DNR says speed and alcohol are believed to be factors. The investigation continues.
The DNR also says the crash pushes to 16 the number of snowmobiler fatalities in Wisconsin this snowmobiling season.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration