TOWN OF BARNES, Wis. (AP) - An Indiana man has died in a snowmobile accident in northern Wisconsin.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Justin Charles Mulder of Munster died after he failed to negotiate a corner on his snowmobile, left the road and crashed into a wooded area.
Department of Natural Resources snowmobile safety administrator Gary Eddy says the accident happened about 3 p.m. Sunday. The DNR says speed and alcohol are believed to be factors. The investigation continues.
The DNR also says the crash pushes to 16 the number of snowmobiler fatalities in Wisconsin this snowmobiling season.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student