TOWN OF KING, Wis. (AP) - Three people on two ATVs broke through the ice on a Lincoln County lake and had to be rescued.
When Tomahawk firefighters arrived they found a 64-year-old De Pere man treading water in Lake Alice and a 42-year-old De Pere man and his 13-year-old daughter stranded on thin ice Saturday.
Rescuers were able to reach the three by boat. WAOW-TV reports the man in the water was taken to a local hospital, then transferred by air to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. He was treated for hypothermia and later released. The other man and his daughter were not taken to the hospital.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US