TOWN OF KING, Wis. (AP) - Three people on two ATVs broke through the ice on a Lincoln County lake and had to be rescued.
When Tomahawk firefighters arrived they found a 64-year-old De Pere man treading water in Lake Alice and a 42-year-old De Pere man and his 13-year-old daughter stranded on thin ice Saturday.
Rescuers were able to reach the three by boat. WAOW-TV reports the man in the water was taken to a local hospital, then transferred by air to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. He was treated for hypothermia and later released. The other man and his daughter were not taken to the hospital.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore